Friday 2 April 2010

The End...(well of drawing...the 1st Episode)


I have just been sent a photo taken of me, by one of my studio colleagues, at the moment it struck me I had finished (drawing) the first episode of Domestic Bliss...Woop Woop!

Finitto Binitto! On the start of the month for fools...(well, I have to do page numbers at the bottom...around an hour of work) and it is good Friday today...a very good Friday.

Celebration drinks were had last night with some of my studio colleagues, seven of us in total. This 1st episode was made easier to get off the ground with their calm presence, gentle encouragement, their experience, the cups of tea, the chocolate bar runs and general good company...a sacred seven...perfect conditions for this sapling...a tear! (I reckon I am on This is your Life, I know, but that's the stuff of stories...little grand moments I call them). Cutting through that raw edge of newness...it is absolutely terrifying, like being blindfolded and pushed off (the person pushing is another me) an alternative grand canyon situated on the far side of the moon...or just a feeling of being like that little yellow Canary in the mine...you might pass out at any moment from a harsh and noxious gas. But it is the only thing that feels real, right now.
Next...Scanning...icing on the cake! But...I am going to chill for the Easter break with my fiance Andrew.