Thursday 8 April 2010

Stories Aperitif...Little'ns please!





I started reading Raymond Carver short stories last night, and I am humbled by how real his writing is, there is absolutely no pretence or obligation to please an audience what so ever, he is a writer who captures the essence of how people really communicate. A brave truth.
A few days go by and now, I am actually thinking, do I like Raymond Carver? I get this when I am blown away by something...I kind of get angry. Anger mainly for the countless missed opportunities before this new thing comes into town, and how isolated it is amongst the rest of it's "competitors". That's how it works I guess.
I can't spare the energy for large novels right now because of the focus I am channelling into my graphic novel....Audrey Niffenegger's Time Traveler's Wife is still waiting on my shelf...time will tell when I get the chance to read her fabled prose...I want to read it with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment